PRINTMAKING OPTION 3
TYPE: DESIGN & PRINT YOUR OWN T-SHIRT
TOTAL TIME: DAY 1/one hour at your location, DAY 2/two hours at the ZACC
TOTAL COST: $250
$50 Field Trip Fee + $100 Materials
WHAT TO EXPECT:
Field trip participants can expect to learn the basics about the process of silk-screening images onto paper and fabric surfaces. Together the group will expose and rinse a screen, and use it to create a one-colored print. Each attendee will leave with a silkscreen print.
- DAY 1: The ZACC will send one of our printshop staff to your location to work with students to create a collaborative design.
- DAY 2: Using the image created with our printshop staff on location, together the group will expose and rinse a screen, and use it to create a one-colored print. Each participant will leave with a silkscreen print.
- Field trip participants will need to bring their own paper or light-colored fabric (T-shirts, tote bags, etc.) on which to print, as prints are generally done in black ink.
- The image we will be printing needs to be sent and approved by ZACC staff prior to the day of the field trip. Images must fit on an 8.5”x11” piece of paper and must be in black and white. School is responsible for any required image adjustments.
- To help us adequately prepare for your field trip, we ask that you please provide the approximate total number of participants and their ages prior to the date of the trip.
- Field trip fee is due at time of booking, remaining balance due no later than booking date.
SCHEDULE A FIELD TRIP!
Fill out the form below and our Print Shop Director Patricia Thornton will get back to you shortly. Thanks!
Don't worry! You can still use the form below to get ahold of Patricia and ask her questions. Give her all the information you do have, and just make sure to include your questions at the end!