Education and Volunteer Coordinator
The Education and Volunteer Coordinator oversees ZACC’s Education programs and general volunteer opportunities. The goal of ZACC’s Educational Program is to offer quality arts and music education and create a safe, welcoming space for people of all ages to grow their love and passion for music and art, build friendships, and find their creative voice. The mission of all ZACC programs is to cultivate community through accessible arts experiences for all. The ZACC is a growing organization just starting out in our brand new downtown location. All jobs have ample opportunity for growth.
As Education Coordinator this position coordinates and oversees teachers for ZACC youth afterschool classes, summer camps and field trip programs. This position will also coordinate and oversee our Adult Education programs at the ZACC by recruiting and managing a variety of different teachers to provide diverse offerings. The Education Coordinator will also teach some youth and adult classes and class field trips. As volunteer coordinator this position will help grow the ZACC’s volunteer base for all of our program areas including our gallery, Print Shop, and performance venue. The Education/ Volunteer coordinator will grow programming at the ZACC by developing and conducting outreach for these programs. The Education/ Volunteer Coordinator will recruit, train, and supervise all ZACC volunteers and supporting instructors within the Educational Programs of the ZACC, with some support from other staff.
Responsibilities of the position include:
- Maintain the ZACC’s current education schedule offering sixteen after-school art units, four after-school music units, and 10 weeks of summer camps for youth per year.
- Work collaboratively with other ZACC staff to maintain adult education program schedule of 4 to 6 adult ed offerings per month.
- Coordinate field trips and birthday party groups and teach/supervise if available.
- Actively maintain class registration records and notify appropriate parties of class cancellations and changes in a timely manner.
- Supervise, recruit, collaborate with, and guide other educators and volunteers working within the program.
- Create and implement activities that will benefit the program, such as student performances, art shows, and showcases, parent nights, and open house presentations.
- Work alongside ZACC Executive Director, Development Director, and Operations Manager to advertise and promote the program through general outreach, creating and distributing brochures, and other promotional materials and website management.
- Work alongside other ZACC staff at events that benefit the education programs such as Missoula Monster Project, The Mini Show, and community tabling opportunities.
- Recruit and Coordinate volunteers for all other ZACC programs and events as needed, as well as regularly provide volunteer appreciation activities.
- Demonstrate commitment to the mission and vision of the Zootown Arts Community Center.
- This is a full time, 40 hour a week exempt position. This position is immediately accountable to the ZACC Executive Director. The ZACC provides a creative work environment. Full time employees receive IRA contribution match up to 3%, have twenty (20) days of PTO per year that accrue at a rate of 5 days per quarter, a monthly health care reimbursement program, access to professional development opportunities and free access to classes for self.
- Starting salary is 26k to 29k per year DOE
- Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred but not required
- Two or more years of experience working in education, program development, volunteer coordination, or youth programs
- Strong background in visual arts or music or both
- Passion and enthusiasm for the ZACC’s mission, vision, and values and the Missoula community
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Highly organized
- Must love kids and the arts
To apply please email your cover letter and resume to Kia@zootownarts.org by February 7th, 2020.