The Zootown Arts Community Center is pleased to announce the imminent opening of our new recording studio. In addition to being utilized for numerous ZACC Music Education programs, local and regional musicians, bands, creators and businesses can book time in the studio for recording projects of all size and scope. The ZACC recording studio is designed to facilitate high-quality recording sessions of all kinds, with an emphasis on efficiency and excitement, by using hybrid analog/digital recording techniques and much of the industry-standard equipment you’d expect to find in professional recording studios around the world.
RECORDING EQUIPMENT LIST
Recording music is one of the most fun and rewarding experiences you can imagine. Hearing your songs come to life in a recording studio, an environment unlike your typical basement, garage or rehearsal space where DIY music often dwells, is an incredible feeling. In the ZACC's recording studio, we use the following equipment to help you realize your recording dreams:
- 22 channel analog/digital console: Soundcraft Signature 22 MTK (w/ Ghost preamps)
- Pro Tools 12 with Waves Gold Plug-Ins
- Genelec 1030a Studio Monitors
- Rane headphone distribution with Vic Firth Isolation Headphones
- AKG D112
- Audio-Technica AT4033 x2
- Electro-Voice N/D468 x2
- MCA SP1 FET Condenser x2
- Sennheiser e 604 x3
- Sennheiser e 609 x2
- Sennheiser MD 421-II
- Shure KSM137 x2
- Shure Beta 52A
- Shure Beta SM57A x2
- Shure SM57 x3
- Shure SM58 x5
- Shure SM7b x2
- Warm Audio WA87
- Radial ProD2 Stereo DI x3
The ZACC is very happy to offer the opportunity for bands and musicians to create high-quality demo
recordings of their original music (1-3 songs) simply, quickly, and best of all affordably, for just $300.
The ZACC Demo Deal is ideal for projects like creating your band’s ‘audio business card’ for booking
gigs or capturing rough drafts of new songs before moving on to the final recording process (See:
Advanced Recording Rates).
The ZACC Demo Deal includes:
• 5 hours of studio time with the ZACC’s in-house recording engineer Christopher Baumann.
• All Demo Deal sessions will begin with load-in at noon and end no later than 5 PM. Afterward, Christopher will
professionally mix and master your recordings and deliver the files to you digitally.
• All tracking will be done as “live” as possible (that is, with everyone playing at the same time), with
minimal overdubs, for an authentic and energetic recording you’ll be proud to share.
*We cannot accommodate outside recording engineers at the present time.