Thank you for your interest in volunteering at the ZACC! Our organization thrives on the generosity of volunteers like you to help fulfill our mission. We welcome folks to help in several areas of our operation; our youth classes and rock camps, our Laura Grace Barrett Print Shop, and live events held in the Show Room at the ZACC. There are also several individual opportunities to lend a hand throughout the year like our annual Mini Show fundraiser or tabling sessions at schools and community events.
However you would like to help out, we want you to know that we value your contribution. Therefore, those volunteers who complete at least 15 hours for the ZACC are eligible to receive a voucher valued at $25 to be used on events and classes for themselves, or events, classes or camps for family members. For each additional 10 hours, volunteers are eligible for another voucher of the same value. Vouchers may not be redeemed for retail items such as pottery, items in the shop, or gallery pieces.
Please look at the various volunteer roles listed and send us your contact information, as well as your preferred availability (evenings after 5, Sundays, unavailable on Tuesdays, etc.), using the subsequent form. We are certain we can find a way for you to make a difference!
AVAILABLE VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES
Youth Classes/Visual Arts
Summer: 8AM - 12PM or 1PM - 4:30PM, Monday through Friday
School Year: 4 - 6:30PM Monday, Tuesday Wednesday and 3 - 5:30PM on Thursdays
- Assist the class instructor with material preparation and classroom organization for specific lessons in a diverse catalogue of artistic genres ranging from clay handbuilding to stop motion animation.
- Work with individuals or groups of students to help them work through the content of the lesson.
- Assist with classroom clean up.
- We do encourage volunteers to pick at least one camp (either one full week in the summer or 6 consecutive weekdays in the school year) and volunteer for the duration of that camp.
Summer: 9:30AM - 4:30PM, Monday through Friday
School Year: 4 - 6PM, Monday and Wednesdays or 4-6PM on Tuesdays and 3 - 5PM on Thursdays
- Assist Rock Camp Instructors with instrument set up and the division of the group into bands.
- Work alongside instructors with one band or rotate among bands helping students to craft their own lyrics and guiding them in the creation of individual parts to contribute to their group’s song. Help the bands stay on task, rehearse effectively, and prepare for the final performance at the end of camp.
- We value all levels of musical experience among our Rock Campers. For some, it will be the first time they pick up their chosen instrument and others may have already had a few years of lessons.
- We also value myriad experience levels in our instructors and volunteers. Whether you are a professional musician or just like to play for fun, reach out if you are interested in passing along a passion for music.
Show Room at the ZACC
Days Vary, Approximately 6:30 - 10:30 PM
- Assist with Show Room set up and staging.
- Work in a variety of roles during live performances, such as helping bartenders, ushering, running the door, and other duties as needed.
- Enjoy awesome music, live theatre, or other performances taking place at the ZACC.
Laura Grace Barrett Print Shop
Weekdays, 1-2 Hour Blocks, 10AM - 6PM
Weeknights, 6 - 8PM for Adult Printmaking Classes
- Assist in print shop maintenance and cleaning.
- Monitor print shop usage for class participants and other keyholders.
- Assist the Gallery and Printshop Manager with class preparation, lesson delivery, and clean up.
Front Desk/Paint Your Own Pottery Studio
Weekdays, 1-2 Hour Blocks, 10AM - 6PM
First Friday Evenings, 5 - 9PM
- Assist with upkeep and operation of Paint Your Own Pottery Studio (clear glazing, assisting customers, etc.).
- Help with sales of items from the studio and the ZACC Artists Shop.
- On First Fridays, help direct patrons to the gallery, assist with bartending, and helping the front desk employee on duty record gallery sales.
Special Events and Outreach
Varied dates and times
- Throughout the year, the ZACC has several individual events and outreach opportunities where volunteers can help spread the word about our organization and mission to cultivate community through accessible arts experiences for all. These events range from the ZACC Mini Show, our largest annual fundraiser, to tabling opportunities at local public schools. More information about these volunteer opportunities can be found via our site Menu > Shows & Events > Annual Events (select the event of your choice).
Last Best Print Fest 2023 'Liminal Spaces & Thresholds'
Gallery Opening on First Friday, July 7, 5-8 PM, & exhibiting through July 31
Featured Artist // David Miles Lusk
Theme // Liminal Spaces & Thresholds
To submit visit our Submittable at: https://zootownarts.submittable.com/submit/253000/last-best-print-fest-2023-liminal-spaces-thresholds
About Last Best Print Fest:
Last Best Print Fest is an annual month-long event devoted entirely to the wonderful world of printmaking, and is a fundraiser for the ZACC’s Public Print Shop. Each LBPF we feature a local print artist, host a portfolio exchange and print auction, and provide free print demos.
About LBPF Gallery Event & Portfolio Exchange:
As part of the upcoming 2023 Last Best Print Fest, the ZACC Print Shop is hosting its 12th Annual Portfolio Exchange. All printmakers are invited to submit an edition of 12 prints based on the theme 'Liminal Spaces & Thresholds'. Of the edition of twelve, ten of the prints will be redistributed to other participants in a random selection process. One print will be on display in the ZACC Main Gallery, as part of the LBPF exhibition/silent auction. The last will be retained as part of a complete set for the ZACC Print shop Archive.
How to submit/participate:
To participate in the Portfolio Exchange we require that you register through Submittable.
Requirements for Prints:
· This exchange is open to all printmakers and all forms of printmaking.
· Each printmaker will make one (1) edition of twelve (12) prints.
· Editions must contain twelve prints numbered 1/12 to 12/12.
· Prints must be printed on archival material.
· Prints must be 11 in. (wide) by 14 in. (high) or smaller.
· Each print must be labeled on the back with the artist’s name, title, date and media.
· Prints must be dry upon delivery to the ZACC.
. Slip-sheet between each print with interleaving, glassine, or newsprint
. Wrap entire portfolio in paper
The portfolio organizers reserve the right to refuse entry of any submission that fails to conform to the portfolio guidelines.
Important Dates & Deadlines:
· Submittable registration deadline // May 31, 2023
· Portfolio drop off deadline // June 25, 2023
· Opening Reception // First Friday, July 7, 2023 from 5-8 PM
· Closing Date // July 31, 2023
. Portfolio pickup // July 7 after 5 PM – July 31, 2023
*Portfolios not picked up by this date become property of the ZACC.
If you would like your image to be used for virtual and printed promotional materials, please submit press quality images with your Submittable application.
How to Drop Off Print Portfolios:
Portfolio's can be dropped off at the ZACC Monday through Friday 10 AM-6 PM or Sunday 12-4 PM.
Portfolio's can also be shipped to this address:
Zootown Arts Community Center, 216 W. Main St. Missoula, MT 59802
If you would like your collated portfolio shipped please include a self addressed stamped-envelope, big enough for ten 11 x 14 inch prints.
For Additional Information:
Please contact Print Shop Manager Patricia Thornton at email@example.com with any additional questions.