Thank you for your interest in volunteering at the ZACC! Our organization thrives on the generosity of volunteers like you to help fulfill our mission. We welcome folks to help in several areas of our operation; our youth classes and rock camps, our Laura Grace Barrett Print Shop, and live events held in the Show Room at the ZACC. There are also several individual opportunities to lend a hand throughout the year like our annual Mini Show fundraiser or tabling sessions at schools and community events.
However you would like to help out, we want you to know that we value your contribution. Therefore, those volunteers who complete at least 15 hours for the ZACC are eligible to receive a voucher valued at $25 to be used on events and classes for themselves, or events, classes or camps for family members. For each additional 10 hours, volunteers are eligible for another voucher of the same value. Vouchers may not be redeemed for retail items such as pottery, items in the shop, or gallery pieces.
Please look at the various volunteer roles listed and send us your contact information, as well as your preferred availability (evenings after 5, Sundays, unavailable on Tuesdays, etc.), using the subsequent form. We are certain we can find a way for you to make a difference!
AVAILABLE VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES
Youth Classes/Visual Arts
Summer: 8AM - 12PM or 1PM - 4:30PM, Monday through Friday
School Year: 4 - 6:30PM Monday, Tuesday Wednesday and 3 - 5:30PM on Thursdays
- Assist the class instructor with material preparation and classroom organization for specific lessons in a diverse catalogue of artistic genres ranging from clay handbuilding to stop motion animation.
- Work with individuals or groups of students to help them work through the content of the lesson.
- Assist with classroom clean up.
- We do encourage volunteers to pick at least one camp (either one full week in the summer or 6 consecutive weekdays in the school year) and volunteer for the duration of that camp.
Summer: 9:30AM - 4:30PM, Monday through Friday
School Year: 4 - 6PM, Monday and Wednesdays or 4-6PM on Tuesdays and 3 - 5PM on Thursdays
- Assist Rock Camp Instructors with instrument set up and the division of the group into bands.
- Work alongside instructors with one band or rotate among bands helping students to craft their own lyrics and guiding them in the creation of individual parts to contribute to their group’s song. Help the bands stay on task, rehearse effectively, and prepare for the final performance at the end of camp.
- We value all levels of musical experience among our Rock Campers. For some, it will be the first time they pick up their chosen instrument and others may have already had a few years of lessons.
- We also value myriad experience levels in our instructors and volunteers. Whether you are a professional musician or just like to play for fun, reach out if you are interested in passing along a passion for music.
Show Room at the ZACC
Days Vary, Approximately 6:30 - 10:30 PM
- Assist with Show Room set up and staging.
- Work in a variety of roles during live performances, such as helping bartenders, ushering, running the door, and other duties as needed.
- Enjoy awesome music, live theatre, or other performances taking place at the ZACC.
Laura Grace Barrett Print Shop
Weekdays, 1-2 Hour Blocks, 10AM - 6PM
Weeknights, 6 - 8PM for Adult Printmaking Classes
- Assist in print shop maintenance and cleaning.
- Monitor print shop usage for class participants and other keyholders.
- Assist the Gallery and Printshop Manager with class preparation, lesson delivery, and clean up.
Front Desk/Paint Your Own Pottery Studio
Weekdays, 1-2 Hour Blocks, 10AM - 6PM
First Friday Evenings, 5 - 9PM
- Assist with upkeep and operation of Paint Your Own Pottery Studio (clear glazing, assisting customers, etc.).
- Help with sales of items from the studio and the ZACC Artists Shop.
- On First Fridays, help direct patrons to the gallery, assist with bartending, and helping the front desk employee on duty record gallery sales.
Special Events and Outreach
Varied dates and times
- Throughout the year, the ZACC has several individual events and outreach opportunities where volunteers can help spread the word about our organization and mission to cultivate community through accessible arts experiences for all. These events range from the ZACC Mini Show, our largest annual fundraiser, to tabling opportunities at local public schools. More information about these volunteer opportunities can be found via our site Menu > Shows & Events > Annual Events (select the event of your choice).
'Pull-a-Card' Collective Tarot Art Show
Juried Art Show // Exhibiting October 7-30, 2022
To apply visit: https://zootownarts.submittable.com/submit/212224/pull-a-card-collective-tarot-art-show
Submission Deadline is July 7, 2022
The inaugural 'Pull-a-Card' Collective Tarot Art Show is a unique opportunity for community members and artists to explore and create their own version of a tarot card from the Major Arcana. This show is unique as it acts as both an artistic exploration of the Tarot and an Oracle for the Artist. The show will be displayed in the Blackfoot Gallery for the month of October 2022, with fun opening night events – stay tuned for more info on that!
There are only 21 spots in this show, so sign up fast, once all the cards are full, the show is filled!
HOW IT WORKS
Once accepted to participate in the show via Submittable, a card will be pulled for you. You will receive an email of your Tarot card and a reminder of important dates and requirements. Once you have received your card, we invite you to explore and interpret the card to your heart’s desire. Our only requirements are that it be a 2-Dimensional medium, such as a painting or a print that we can hang from our hanging system.
Sign up through Submittable for a chance to receive an email with your Tarot Card, pulled by the Oracle.
All submissions must be 2-dimensional.
Size // 11” x 14” or smaller.
Medium // All 2D media is allowed (Painting, screen print, mixed media, etc.)
We use a hanging system for the Blackfoot Communications Gallery. Artwork will hang from a hook attached to a wire. Because of this all works must be framed and wired for hanging to professional standards. Use D-rings and weight-appropriate wire that is not visible when the work is hung.
Example of how to use D rings // https://makingamark.blogspot.com/2015/10/how-to-hang-picture-using-d-rings.html
Please add a press quality image of your work through this site when it's completed. Pictures will be used for promotional materials and our online gallery. (Any phone made after 2020 will take an adequate picture for press.)
*Please let us know if you are having difficulties getting high quality images of your work, we’re here to help!
All work will sell at the ZACC gallery's standard rate of 60% to the artist and 40% to the ZACC gallery.
Submission Deadline // July 1
Drop off work // August 31
Opening Reception // First Friday October 7 // 5 - 8 PM
Pick up unsold work October 31 - November 13
For any questions, please reach out to Krystal Wolf at firstname.lastname@example.org.